I have 12 brides this season- and naturally everyone is looking for something very different.
This is my fool proof guide to dreamy, romantic and long lasting bridal make-up.
- Even if you have oily skin – moisturise to the gods. Your foundation needs a smooth canvas, and sometimes you’re better off adding powder to your oil prone areas so that the rest of your base looks natural and has a 3D effect when you look left to right.
- Sometimes a primer isn’t always necessary. Trust me – don’t over complicate it
- Apply foundation with a beauty blender. Honestly, the best coverage you’ll get.
- Don’t be afraid of blush. It can be the difference between an average make-up and a beautiful make-up.
- Your lipstick WILL come off at some point. You’ll be drinking, kissing and eating. Bring one with you to top up with.
- Wear Lashes. 95% of the time I use individuals, but make sure if you get a strip lash that it mimics a natural lash. It needs to have long and short lash hairs and ideally, it will fan out at the outer edge.
- DON’T contour with a bronzer. You’re not going to the beach, this is your wedding. You want it to look like a shadow, so use an ashy tone.
- Highlights should always be liquids or creams. You want it to look sexy and skin like, you’re not on Instagram.
- NO SPF. In anything. Just because you look great in real life, doesn’t mean you won’t look like casper the friendly ghost in your wedding pictures.
- Lastly – Feel comfortable. Be honest with yourself and your make-up artist. Don’t try and be something you’re not for the day, because you’ll walk around feeling uncomfortable and the whole purpose of your wedding day is so that you feel confident, sexy, beautiful and happy. TRUST your own instincts and communicate with whomever is doing your make-up your usual routine so that they know what your comfort zones are.
Have a beautiful wedding and if you need me to do your make-up, drop me a line at email@example.com and we can organise a trial for you.
Here is a break down of all the products I used on my bridal instagram post from start to finish.
- YSL radiant Primer
- Bourgois Healthy Mix Foundation (Shade 51)
- MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW20 to neutralize darkness
- Illamasqua Skin Base in 1 to highlight
- Baked with Laura Mercier Translucent powder
- MAC 24hr Eye Base
- Brun, Embark, Amber Lights & All That Gliters on the lid
- Eyelure Lashes in ‘Nadine’
- Ingot Gel Liner 77
- MAC Cork through brows. Set with Brow Gel
- Harmony Blush from MAC
- Kevin Aucoin Contour Powder
- HEMA Highlighting Pen
- ‘Kinda Sexy’ Lipstick from MAC